4.22.2011

You're Beautiful: Just Lovely

I really had a good time watching You're Beautiful. I was captured from the beginning. Honestly, I don't personally like gender benders, but this one was an exception. There were a couple spots that were iffy, but overall I thought it was pretty good. I do have to congratulate the cast of You're Beautiful for an amazing job of showing truly how important it is to have people by your side, whether it's bandmates, family, or friends.

Park Shin Hye plays a clumsy teenage girl studying to become a nun, in the countryside of modern Korea. However, her brother, Go Mi Nam, is pursuing to become a famous singer so that he will be able to find his mother. After some funny events, Go Mi Nyu pretends to be her brother so that he can pursue his dreams. While she's there, she meets the bandmates of A.N.Jell: Hwang Tae Kyung, Jeremy, and Kang Shin Woo. Personally, I love Jeremy the most- he's so adorable and funloving. I also think that Lee Hong Ki did a fantastic job of playing Jeremy, which also is a lot like his personality in real life (at least from what he shows to the public, hmm...) Go Mi Nam ends up caught by Shin Woo and Tae Kyung, and concludes in her getting involved in a complicated love triangle, but leaning towards the cold neatfreak Tae Kyung.

Throughout the entire drama, there's a lot of extreme humor, which I happen to be a huge fan of, and huge exxagerations, but hey, I'm not complaining. Go Mi Nam, (or Mi Nyu, which is who it really is) goes through a lot of difficult situations, but with the help of her bandmates, she is able to get through them. However, what originally began as Shin Woo liking Mi Nam, then turning into a love triangle with Tae Kyung, ends up in Jeremy liking her too! But in the end, like how all dramas end, Mi Nyu ends up with Tae Kyung.

Overall, I really enjoyed this drama and had a lot of laughs, but I think that Jang Geun Suk could've done a much better job in playing Tae Kyung, but that's just my opinion. This story is truly a great one with a big pot of jealousy, innocence, love, and the importance of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment