4.22.2011

Hana Kimi Taiwan: Too Cute!

For starters, I love the blended mix of the cast in Hana Kimi Taiwan. Ella Chen, who played Lu Rui Xi, brought the cuteness and innocence aspect into this film. Then on the other hand, Wu Chun, who played the role of Zuo Yi Quan, showed off his cool attitude, with another one of those cold on the outside but sweet on the inside characters. Then on the other side of the planet, we have the too cute Jiro Wang. He's so naturally outgoing and fun loving that it just shows in his character.

I had a lot of fun watching Hana Kimi, just because of the goofy nature of the film. As I mentioned before in the review of You're Beautiful, I'm not a person who's too fond of gender benders, but this one's another exception. However, although all the actors did overall commendable jobs on playing their characters, I feel as if Ella made Rui Xi a little bit 'too cute.' Sure, she's supposed to playing a girl playing a guy, but it makes you think...

The story plot begins with Rui Xi five or so years ago, as an overweight teenage girl. One day she's watching TV, and she sees Quan high jump, and she gets inspired. So in the end she loses weight and is determined to meet him. However, he goes to an all boys private school, so she has to get in as a guy. She faints one day, and Quan is about to take her to the infirmary but then discovers she's a girl because he accidentally feels her boob (imagine how awkward filming that would've been...)

One part that constantly had me laughing was that Jin Xiu Yi (played by Jiro Wang) developed a crush on Rui Xi, when she's supposed to be a guy... So through the entire drama, he's conflicted with his feelings because now he thinks he's gay, when he's not, but technically is. Even though I adored this drama, there were a couple parts that were quite awkward, but we'll forget about those.

This whole drama demonstrates sacrifice for the ones you care about. To me, that's truly something that's really important. It does have a lot of exxagerated humor, though, so if you're not a fan of it, I probably wouldn't recommend it for you. It's one of my personal favorites!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I'm currently watching this drama too in April 2019!! I had a big crush on Wu Chun a decade ago when he was a member of Fahrenheit, and I still do now (although he is already married)! This drama brings back good memories from my early teenage years.. 😭

    ReplyDelete